Wednesday, September 26, 2012

And it begins with a song of rebellion...

By the end of January my life is going to change forever. My husband and I are expecting our first child and I will become a stay-at-home wife and mother. I am so excited to be able to stay home with my first baby as it seems to be more of a luxury than the norm in this day and age. However, it was never my dream to grow up to be a housewife or a stay-at-home mom. In fact, I had rather the opposite dream when I first discovered what I wanted to do when I grew up. It was in ninth grade that I found a passion for interior design and developed my dream to become an interior designer. At that time I decided I would someday become a rich and successful designer and my husband would be the one to stay home with the kids. Now life certainly made some serious changes to my plans and I could not be happier with the place I am at currently, but I still have longing to follow through with my dreams and be an interior designer. I may not have graduated with the degree I intended but I still succeeded in getting a degree related to design and I am constantly honing my craft of what I will now call interior decorating rather than the prestigious design. I no longer envision myself working for that big design firm but rather I design for real life; for what I know; for what I can afford. My goal now is to create an interior that is both visually appealing and functional as well as affordable. As I journey into a new chapter in my life I am proud to redefine myself as both a mother and an aspiring decorator. I have spent many hours decorating my own home and it is continually a work in progress. As I complete projects I will share them here and hopefully inspire others.

2 comments:

  1. As a sahm for many years it is the best job I have ever had and would not trade those years for any career I could have ever had

    ReplyDelete